Out in nature it is nature's own materials that are best suited. Many have tried to imitate the good qualities of the wool - without luck. Wool is an incredible commodity that has been used for generations.
Wool has a number of unique and very good properties:
- Insulates against cold due to the naturally curled fibers that contain a lot of air.
- The natural properties of the wool regulate the temperature level by both heat and cold.
- Transports moisture.
- Can absorb up to 30% moisture without the garment feeling damp.
- Eliminates sweat odor.
- Provides good resistance to dirt and is self-cleaning.
- Wool is fireproof - it is the least flammable of all natural fibers.
- Wool is the most environmentally friendly fiber we have - it can even be composted!