How to wash wool socks
Many people are unsure about how to wash wool. Here’s a simple guide on how to wash your wool socks and prolong their lifespan.
There's a difference in the procedure between machine washing and hand washing. If you have a washing machine with a wool program, use this, but if you do not have access to a washing machine (such as on a trip or vacation), you can easily hand wash your socks.
- Turn the wool socks inside out
- Use the wool program on the machine. (If this is not an option, go for the cold wash or silk.)
- Use mild detergent intended for wool products.
- Hang them up to dry.
- Find a bucket or bowl and fill it with lukewarm water, about 30 degrees
- Use a wool detergent.
- Leave the socks to soak in the water for about 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly in lukewarm water before finishing with cold water. Make sure that you rinse thoroughly.
- Squeeze the garment, do not twist or rub it.
- Hang them to dry.
If you'd like to know more about how to wash and store your wool clothes, see more here. Check also which socks are right for you with our sock guide here.