Wash and care instructions
How to wash wool clothing
- Read the care label for detailed washing instructions.
- Close all zippers and turn your Ulvang garment inside out.
- Wash with a reduced load. ⅓ of full capacity or max 6kg is recommended. Keep in mind that the clothes weigh more when wet.
- Wash on wool cycle with enzyme-free wool detergent.
- Do not use softener.
- Use centrifuge on high speed to move water and humidity out of the garment.
- Slightly stretch into original shape when wet.
- Hang the garment to dry. Do not tumble dry
With the right care wool garments can last a lifetime. Wool is easy to care for, self-cleaning and doesn't smell.
The core of wool fibre consists of two types of cells that absorb different quantities of moisture. As a result, one type swells more than the other and they move together in a constant friction. This is what gives wool fibres their mechanical, self cleaning effect.
The bacteria from sweat prefer a humid environment. Wool fiber’s ability to absorb large quantities of moisture, keeps your skin dry and prevents the build-up of sweat. This makes the habitat less suitable for bacteria. Thus keeping you and the garment odor free.
Each wool fiber is like a coiled spring. The natural crimp texture allows the fiber to stretch, while staying true to its original shape. This gives wool garments a natural resistance to wrinkles.
As a result of these unique properties, wool doesn't need to be washed as often as synthetic fibers. In fact it's usually enough to air out and remove stains locally. Machine wash as infrequently as possible, to save both time and the environment.
Vårt eget ekologiska ulltvättmedel
- Effektivt ulltvättmedel baserat på förnybara råmaterial
- För alla naturfibertextilier av hög kvalitet, särskilt framtagen för mjuk merinoull
- Lanolin med ullprotein av hög kvalitet skyddar plagget mot filtning och håller det mjukt och skönt
- God biologisk nedbrytbarhet, tillverkad av förnybara råvaror